boy border





Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Construction Zone Cake

Ok, here's the construction zone birthday cake. I didn't think it turned out too bad for about 15 minutes of work and no artistic ability. And, Jacob just loved the cake eating part.

I found the construction set at the dollar store, and all the stickers peeled off the pieces after I washed them, so everything went in the trash except the 2 trucks.

We invited a mom friend of mine and her family over for a cookout, and they have one son who is a week older than Jacob. They played great together--minus the whole toy "sharing" thing--so hopefully we can do it again soon!

3 comments:

Kat Gott said...

Very cute! Good job, Mama!!!

Jenny said...

Thanks, Kat. I have a feeling this year's will be dinosaurs, and I'm just going to order one.

Kat Gott said...

I don't know what allergies or special needs your family might have, but whenever I decide to order instead of doing it myself, I ALWAYS use McKay's!!! The cake is flavorful and moist, but the frosting... Oh my goodness! It isn't thick like other cakes, and it just tastes so wonderful -- not too sweet. I think you have to ask for 'whipped'. I don't know what they have for dinosaurs because I can't find a website for them. But here are some locations near Waldorf:

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=WLETDF&PC=WLEM&q=McKay%27s+Food+%26+Drug&src=IE-SearchBox

Mc Kay's Food & Drug · (301) 274-4122
37670 Mohawk Dr · Charlotte Hall
McKay's Food & Drug · (301) 866-5702
11740 Rousby Hall Rd · Lusby
Mc Kay's Food & Drug · (301) 475-2531
23860 Hollywood Rd · Hollywood
Mc Kay's Food & Drug · (301) 866-5702
23415 Three Notch Rd · California