boy border





Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cute Boy Clothes--My Ongoing Search

I'm always looking for cute boy clothes, and anyone who has ever bought boys' clothes knows that there is a lot more out there for girls. If someone could open up a store with affordable, cute clothes for boys, I think they'd do very well.

I really don't have the patience or time to sew, but I found this link last week:
Make for Baby Boy: 25 of the Cutest Coolest Free Tutorials for Boys' Clothing.

Unfortunately, none of these really struck me as something I wanted to make. Maybe I'm just picky because someone obviously thought they were "cute and cool".

This past year, Jacob has really liked "helping" me in the kitchen--especially baking. He liked a book from the library about a boy named Jacob who liked to bake and called himself "Chef Jacob". So, I've thought about buying him something like this set (see below) for Christmas that I found on www.etsy.com .

It wouldn't be that hard to make, I think, as I look at the price tag. Especially if I could find the material on sale. After all,  I did take sewing in 4-H and made more difficult outfits back then, even if it was with a lot of stress and tears. Then, I remember the pair of Jacob's pants that have sat on my dresser for at least two weeks now waiting to be hemmed and remember I have, like, no spare time and get little sleep the way it is. So, Etsy it will be.

What is your favorite place for cute boy clothes?

No comments: